• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

ChatGPT sucks so much dick

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout
So many shills saying it's genius, it's fucking retarded at coding. Im forced to actually do my fucking work with my own brain because it's a dumb piece of nig. It's nig rigged. It's a nig rigged system, nick.

Nice parallel thinking thread, stupid.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
I work with niche systems and sometimes code things for automation. There's not a lot of documentation for what I do.

So I fired up ChatGPT and asked it to do something basic in code for this tool.

My stomach sank as it blasted out a function to do exactly what I asked it. But it was wrong. What it wrote is actually worse than learning from scratch, because if you learned from scratch you would know exactly what to do. But because ChatGPT is wrong, and so very wrong, but it looked right, you'd actually spend more time figuring out how to make its code work.

AI is currently very overrated and unless something changes, this is just another fad. In fact, I think this iteration can be summed up as, "We figured out how to make AI waaaaay less racist."

Forum Clout
It's pretty flawed right now, but with an exponential increase in sophistication, I can't even imagine what people will be able to do in 100 or even 50 years. Conventional programming will probably disappear almost entirely and be replaced by simple language prompts. "Create a video game in this and that environment where you can do this and that". Things that take two years of work by a whole crew today will take ten minutes on every cyber peasant's home computer. It's fawkin depressing how we're about to be left behind.

Tech talk wednesday. :brothaman_sm:

Last edited:
Forum Clout
It's pretty flawed right now, but with an exponential increase in sophistication, I can't even imagine what people will be able to do in 100 or even 50 years. Conventional programming will probably disappear almost entirely and be replaced by simple language prompts. "Create a video game in this and that environment where you can do this and that". Things that take two years of work by a whole crew today will take ten minutes on every cyber peassnt's home computer. It's fawkin depressing how we're about to be left behind.

Tech talk wednesday. :brothaman_sm:
Thats pretty much what you do already. You tell the computer what to do by feeding it a prompt (code). Then you have packages in coding that are shortcuts (functions) for repetitive prompts. AI is just another package on top of that.

Forum Clout
Thats pretty much what you do already. You tell the computer what to do by feeding it a prompt (code). Then you have packages in coding that are shortcuts (functions) for repetitive prompts. AI is just another package on top of that.

Yeah but it's still pretty complex to the average person, with tons of conditionals. Eventually the computer will just act as a direct extension of our imagination while filling in the blanks we leave. I wonder what people will do for a living when that happens.

G

I work with niche systems and sometimes code things for automation. There's not a lot of documentation for what I do.

So I fired up ChatGPT and asked it to do something basic in code for this tool.

My stomach sank as it blasted out a function to do exactly what I asked it. But it was wrong. What it wrote is actually worse than learning from scratch, because if you learned from scratch you would know exactly what to do. But because ChatGPT is wrong, and so very wrong, but it looked right, you'd actually spend more time figuring out how to make its code work.

AI is currently very overrated and unless something changes, this is just another fad. In fact, I think this iteration can be summed up as, "We figured out how to make AI waaaaay less racist."
Exactly. I asked it to do something and it was so fucking wrong that I thought fuck it, I'll just do it myself and it was infinitely quicker.