Charlie Watts

Fortified Wine

Sweet liquor eases the pain
Rock and roll is about to lose its last truly giant worldwide acts. Only McCartney, the stones and somehow U2 are worldwide stadium bands.

We've lost McCartney already...this dude has had animal rights stations set up at his concerts for like 40 years but then has been going around telling people to stick themselves with dirty needles. Fuck Neil Young too.

When Oasis get back together, they'll tear that ass up

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
it’s going to be interesting to see how the live music business handles the next couple years. Artists don’t make money off album sales anymore so they have to not only tour but sell all kinds of VIP / Meet & Greet type packages while touring. Those are going to have to get more and more creative which will lead to some outlandish stuff. It’s going to get the point you can pay to be in the band for the night.

The same older groups also can’t just keep touring every summer and except the same people to keep coming to large arenas (most groups you can see once and even if they were great you won’t see them EVERY time they come around) so they will have to tour with combinations of other well known groups. It’s eventually going to be you’ll have 4-5 well known groups on a touring package just to
sell tickets.

Also Festivals we’re once unique (Coachella, Bonaroo, etc) but now EVERY state has at least 2-3 which saturates the market. Not very unique especially when most will have very similar line ups. Some years artists like Rage Against the Machine, Eminem, OutKast won’t go on an official “tour” but just play every major festival that summer.

And Pat is fat.

Fortified Wine

Sweet liquor eases the pain
Not sure these or Metallica really live on in the younger generations.

Oasis do in the UK but really they are only huge in The UK and South America
I still see younger folks wearing their shirts and shit. If anything they don't go their concerts because they are way too expensive.

I'm pretty sure Oasis were doing big places everywhere but America (although they did break some kind of selling out MSG record towards the end of their run). Maybe not stadiums but 10,000 seaters.

Metal in the UK is weird. It can get huge crowds but I have never met anyone who says they are a fan of it. Like when we talk of classic UK bands Sabbath etc will very very rarely be mentioned. It's completely underground.

Metal in the UK is weird. It can get huge crowds but I have never met anyone who says they are a fan of it. Like when we talk of classic UK bands Sabbath etc will very very rarely be mentioned. It's completely underground.
Way, way back in the day (early 80s) it was kind of the other way around. If you were in the US you had to hunt down Kerrang! and the UK fanzines to find new metal bands, as in the US metal was deep, deep underground shit. Metal fans in the US envied the British and European scene, with Motorhead topping the charts and the huge festivals over there.