Candyman

G

Based on a Clive Barker short story called "The Forbidden." The story is set in Liverpool and explores issues related to the British class system. The "Candyman" in the tale is described as a Caucasian looking ghoul with long blond hair, yellow skin and blue lips.

Cut to a few years later, the story is optioned and made into a Hollywood movie. The "Candyman" is now black and his backstory (never explored in the short story) is now fleshed out and revolves around "forbidden" interracial lust, racism and inner-city oppression. Who produced this fine movie?

[URL unfurl="true"]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Golin[/URL]

*name and photo are a dead giveaway. No "early life"...check "personal life" to confirm...of course.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Candyman is a great film.
The [film] is set in [Chicago] and explores issues related to the [American freeway] system.
Yes, the focus was on the blacks, but I can name a dozen European neighborhoods in and around where I grew up that were decimated by freeways and interstate highways only to be populated by low income niggers.
I think I lost the point.

Last edited:
G

Candyman is a great film.
The [film] is set in [Chicago] and explores issues related to the [American freeway] system.
Yes, the focus was on the blacks, but I can name a dozen European neighborhoods in and around where I grew up that were decimated by freeways and interstate highways only to be populated by low income niggers.
I think I lost the point.
No argument that it's a great horror movie.