• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Can this man sound more Canadian?

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
The Canadian English Accent is a perfectly neutral pronunciation of the English language that is consistent and correct. It is the most clear and concise way of speaking and writing the English language, and its popularity spanning a continent only shows how pragmatic and powerful it is. Many believe that the Canadian English Accent is closer to the English spoken by Old World speakers of English, such as William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, and Dan Stevens. Your mockery of this zenith of occidental linguistics only shows your insecurity with your own limitations of speech.

G

The Canadian English Accent is a perfectly neutral pronunciation of the English language that is consistent and correct. It is the most clear and concise way of speaking and writing the English language, and its popularity spanning a continent only shows how pragmatic and powerful it is. Many believe that the Canadian English Accent is closer to the English spoken by Old World speakers of English, such as William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, and Dan Stevens. Your mockery of this zenith of occidental linguistics only shows your insecurity with your own limitations of speech.
No, I agree...its why Canadians were very popular as American newscasters:

Peter-Jennings.jpg

Nice bombastic, performative, and alien manifestation of Canadian linguistic supremacy, stupid...I know you are trolling but wish more Canucks thought this way tbh.

Turk February

β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
No, I agree...its why Canadians were very popular as American newscasters:

Peter-Jennings.jpg
It's why Jim Carey and Mike Myers succeeded in comedy while David Wayans and Dana Carvey were doomed to obscurity. No one understands a fucking thing they say because they don't talk Canadian.

edit : keen eyed viewers may have noticed I wrote David Wayans when I meant Damon Wayans, this, however, only goes to prove my point, as I've never heard his name said in the clear and concise tones of Canadian English.

Turk February

β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
Jokes aside I'm completely deaf to the Canadian accent. Like. I listen to the guy in the video and think "he's rural" but I can't tell if it's Kansas or Moose Jaw or Iowa or Timmins

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
This is something that's always kinda bugged me. Anglo-Canadians don't say "oot and aboot", they say "oat and aboat". Even fawkin Newfies, so Turk's point about consistency is right on. Anyone in Canada saying "Oot and aboot" is a Quebecois. I love the Simpsons, but they have perpetuated some truly harmful cultural stereotypes.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
This is something that's always kinda bugged me. Anglo-Canadians don't say "oot and aboot", they say "oat and aboat". Even fawkin Newfies, so Turk's point about consistency is right on. Anyone in Canada saying "Oot and aboot" is a Quebecois. I love the Simpsons, but they have perpetuated some truly harmful cultural stereotypes.
Yep

G

Speaking of Quebecois, they are insignifant af...even in Quebec. People have this notion everyone there is some Celine Dion clone, when William Shatner and of course, the Norm MacDonald are both natives of Quebec. The Anglos run it too. French Canadians are mostly lumberjacks, you never see them managing hedge funds, etc.