Big bro spending the last of the residuals in typical Cumia fashion

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
989CB1EA-0CB1-457D-9C5A-DB239C08E232.jpeg

But did he pay his electric bill yet? My money’s on nope.
I think if he paid his electric bill and passed on buying a new piece of gear, the realization would hit him that it is time to grow up, put away childish things and move on to adulthood.

In a way this is what links Joe and Patrick: deep down they both know they have failed in their professional lives (as guitarists, rock stars, scifi novelists and online auto mechanics). They both know that they are failures in their personal lives (as fathers, husbands, brothers, sons and friends). But their biggest regret is failing developmentally (never becoming an adult). That's why they cling to these childish dreams of how badass they are, chasing dumb careers/labels and shirking responsibility for their actions.

For Joe to pay his electric bill and skip the purchase of a new guitar effect pedal would take a monumental dose of ego death and self-realization. That is not going to happen to either Joe or Pat.

Honestly, I couldn't think of a sadder existence.

I think if he paid his electric bill and passed on buying a new piece of gear, the realization would hit him that it is time to grow up, put away childish things and move on to adulthood.

In a way this is what links Joe and Patrick: deep down they both know they have failed in their professional lives (as guitarists, rock stars, scifi novelists and online auto mechanics). They both know that they are failures in their personal lives (as fathers, husbands, brothers, sons and friends). But their biggest regret is failing developmentally (never becoming an adult). That's why they cling to these childish dreams of how badass they are, chasing dumb careers/labels and shirking responsibility for their actions.

For Joe to pay his electric bill and skip the purchase of a new guitar effect pedal would take a monumental dose of ego death and self-realization. That is not going to happen to either Joe or Pat.

Honestly, I couldn't think of a sadder existence.
Joe will rationalize this purchase away by pretending it's an investment in himself, a way to make the Joe Cumia Experience even better, and therefore more lucrative. Which is pretty funny on many different levels.

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
I think PSE&G isn’t allowed to disconnect your means of heating your home after a certain winter date. Maybe he’s waiting for the spring thaw. Can’t imagine what his home energy bill will be come April.