• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Best musician of all time

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I've noticed that I immediately hate anything that Pat appears to like. I used to casually listen to the Foo Fighters on my iPod back when I had a long daily commute but started to hate them as soon as Pat sucked them off.

I'm just happy he hasn't ruined Prince for me yet.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I've noticed that I immediately hate anything that Pat appears to like. I used to casually listen to the Foo Fighters on my iPod back when I had a long daily commute but started to hate them as soon as Pat sucked them off.

I stuck a raspberry beret up my tuckus, child.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout

Even if Pat worshipped The Purple One - well, THAT Purple One specifically - I still couldn't hate Prince.

I don't think I've ever heard a more well-rounded talent in my entire life. Played several different instruments, wrote music and lyrics, produced it all... Marcin found this bootleg of raw and mixed-quality music Prince made before signing his first Warner contract, and I would have killed several men for half the talent at the age he did that.

OK, found it. It's rough quality, but God damn. What a talent.

G

Even if Pat worshipped The Purple One - well, THAT Purple One specifically - I still couldn't hate Prince.

I don't think I've ever heard a more well-rounded talent in my entire life. Played several different instruments, wrote music and lyrics, produced it all... Marcin found this bootleg of raw and mixed-quality music Prince made before signing his first Warner contract, and I would have killed several men for half the talent at the age he did that.

[MEDIA=youtube]4Cl_ZwMigZY[/MEDIA]

I found something online (don't ask where, I went down a rabbit hole) that claimed that most of what came out of Minneapolis in the 80s was all basically made in some way by Prince. I think he did basically everything in Purple Rain, the Time seem like he got his cousin to make a band up to do the songs he didn't have time for. Dude was crazy talented.

Cygnus Nana X-1

Forum Clout

OK, found it. It's rough quality, but God damn.
Many still see ZZ Top as Eliminator and Afterburner and not as a wicked blues rock band from the 70s. I wonder how many mid 40s soccer mom Prince fans know him for anything other being the Raspberry Beret guy. He was very talented and a great guitar player.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout

Thanks for sending.

I don't think I could either, Pat's basic bitch opinion are irrelevant compared to Prince's limitless talent.

I read recently that he basically created the Time from scratch by himself for their first album - from finding the musicians and forming the band, to writing and playing all of the instrumentals, down to having Morris copy the vocals note for note. I cannot imagine what was going on in his mind to bring all of that together.

Have you heard any stories about him in your travels?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Notice how he went out of his way to name only black artists. Grohl is such a faggot self hating white guy

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
Pharrell is a faggot. He's a lot like pat. No one in the industry fucking likes him cuz he's a piece of shit to everyone.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
Thanks for sending.

I don't think I could either, Pat's basic bitch opinion are irrelevant compared to Prince's limitless talent.

I read recently that he basically created the Time from scratch by himself for their first album - from finding the musicians and forming the band, to writing and playing all of the instrumentals, down to having Morris copy the vocals note for note. I cannot imagine what was going on in his mind to bring all of that together.

He also made so many harassing phone calls to Jesse Johnson (guitarist for the Time) after he released his first solo album that Jesse had to have his number changed. Imagine Prince waging a phone scam campaign against you

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
He also made so many harassing phone calls to Jesse Johnson (guitarist for the Time) after he released his first solo album that Jesse had to have his number changed. Imagine Prince waging a phone scam campaign against you
What you're describing is a felony known as "telephone harassment and terrorism."

Wait for the knock, Prince.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
What you're describing is a felony known as "telephone harassment and terrorism."

Wait for the knock, Prince.
Prince was also one of the funniest motherfuckers alive. There are so many great stories of people having weird/confusing interactions with him because Prince just enjoyed it and had a weird sense of humor. Kevin Smith's whole story of working with him is a good example of that. Also I guess Eric Clapton was once asked what it was like to be the greatest living guitarist and he responded "Ask Prince"

Cumiace

Forum Clout
Foo Fighters songs are perfect for slow-motion eggball montages or simply rockin' out in the minivan while you're waiting for your wife's son to finish basketball practice

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I found something online (don't ask where, I went down a rabbit hole) that claimed that most of what came out of Minneapolis in the 80s was all basically made in some way by Prince. I think he did basically everything in Purple Rain, the Time seem like he got his cousin to make a band up to do the songs he didn't have time for. Dude was crazy talented.

Many still see ZZ Top as Eliminator and Afterburner and not as a wicked blues rock band from the 70s. I wonder how many mid 40s soccer mom Prince fans know him for anything other being the Raspberry Beret guy. He was very talented and a great guitar player.
Prince was also one of the funniest motherfuckers alive. There are so many great stories of people having weird/confusing interactions with him because Prince just enjoyed it and had a weird sense of humor. Kevin Smith's whole story of working with him is a good example of that. Also I guess Eric Clapton was once asked what it was like to be the greatest living guitarist and he responded "Ask Prince"
Thanks for sending.

All great replies, some are stories I've never heard but, thanks to the recent concert postponements, I'll have time to look up during rehearsal breaks later today before we wrap up for the Christmas vacation.

So, the stories I've heard about Prince... I was a fan of him during the first Stiltskin run, so when I joined Genesis, and was still a little too green with the guys, I did once ask Mike Rutherford if he ever met him. I got nary a grunt and a dirty look (this was during our album recordings, mind you), nothing more than that. Tony pulled me aside after and said "Look, just for future reference: Mike heard through some people that Prince made a critique about Invisible Touch once, specifically the guitar playing." So the curiosity gets the best of me and I prod Tony on what he said, and he finally tells me "Supposedly the little tosser said 'Catchy album. Great singing. Dig the synth beats. Shame about the guitars.'" Tony just shrugged, probably as confused as I was, and went back to listening to our recording. I never brought up The Purple One again.

That's the only substantial story, albeit indirect, that I can share. Everything else I've heard has usually been passed down from journeymen musicians and road crew. For all intents and purposes, the stories tend to remain the same: the talent was undeniable, the sex drive was off the charts, the eccentricities were frustrating, and his behavior was maddening.

I mean, how many of you here have had three women willingly living with you in a consensual sexual relationship, and a willing interest to continue it long term? Prince did, and he got BORED with it.

But sure, let's hold a grudge because he criticized the strumming of the man who wrote "The Living Years".

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
TIL Prince would call people up and call them faggots and niggers