• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Are there ANY funny TV shows currently?

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
There used to be some kind of shit almost every night and it's gradually shrunk to seemingly nothing. Nathans show was good, and Nathans other show Jon Wilson is good, so there's like 12 episodes a year. I Think You Should Leave is great, but its a few 15 minute eps once a year(hopefully). Sunny sucks now, South Park sucks now...is there anything?

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
Is there any good anything? Seems like we're in a mass cultural wasteland and have been for quite some time. Like we're living in the decaying husk of a dying civilization.

That's for sure. Only good thing is The World Record Podcast. Every so often the wife is asking to watch something and is down to watch stupid shit I like but I can't fucking ever think of anything that's going on.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
I like what we do in the shadows.

mmm Mark Proscht that's in that is on World Record Podcast every so often and they were talking about that, didn't realize it was a comedy. Will take a look, ty. Perhaps also that god damned Ghost

G

perhaps I'll shake a look at it
Watch this deleted scene (you don't need context, and no spoilers since it's deleted).

[MEDIA=youtube]rMQF0n1S5v8[/MEDIA]

It might just seem like two mobsters going to the store and discussing work, but there's so many funny bits.

-- Paulie saying he wants to meet him at the chink market
-- Tony's annoyance with Paulie, he doesn't want to meet him
-- Paulie's worried look when Tony wants to enter the store to buy other stuff, because later Tony notices the beer he bought him was cheap af
-- Tony the fat fuck just buying anything unhealthy (despite throughout the series saying he has to get back into losing weight. He literally says he wants to eat more healthy and then goes for fried fish)

I'm only a minute in but you get the point. There's just lots of funny shit, constantly.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Got all the Seinfeld DVDs. Still haven't tried Sopranos. It's not mainly a comedy though right?

Honestly if you've never seen Sopranos you should watch it above all other shows. If you haven't been spoiled to who dies when, just watch it and don't look it up on the internet until you hear Don't Stop Believin'.

There are bad (Artie) episodes but it really lives up to the hype. I did a rewatch recently and the subtle things you pick up on are hysterical even if it isn't a "going for the joke" type of show. Incredible character acting from nearly everyone except Guido Chip Chipperson.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Honestly if you've never seen Sopranos you should watch it above all other shows. If you haven't been spoiled to who dies when, just watch it and don't look it up on the internet until you hear Don't Stop Believin'.

There are bad (Artie) episodes but it really lives up to the hype. I did a rewatch recently and the subtle things you pick up on are hysterical even if it isn't a "going for the joke" type of show. Incredible character acting from nearly everyone except Guido Chip Chipperson.
Artie rules. What I enjoy about Sopranos is even the characters you hate are well written. Well all but Chip like you said.