• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Are the Sex Pistols a novelty band?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
Does anyone actually listen to the Sex Pistols? I know people still listen to 70s punk because I do and I'm a person. But I just heard the Sex Pistols for the first time in years and I can't decide if they're a real band or not.

Incidentally my first concert was the Sex Pistols reunion tour in 2003. I was 13 so it's not that embarrassing. I remember being amazed at how old Johnny Rotten was but now I'm amazed that he was only in his late 40s.

G

They seemed manufactured and put out there as a big culture shift spectacle. Look into Malcolm McLaren's background (hint: early life) and it might become a little clearer. Joe Strummer's background and who his parents were also. I still like a lot of the golden era punk stuff, but just like the hippie era it was another example of culture creation and social engineering.

These guys that were apparently from the old sub did a show on the subject that I thought was kind of interesting:
[MEDIA=bitchute]c7FlUh8KpmDL[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum Clout
Their only album was good. It was a lot angrier than almost anything else at the time. Only the vocals were really "punk", otherwise it's just good, somewhat sloppy, hard-edged rock and roll. Compared to hardcore, it sounds rather tame.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
They were basically a prototype one direction with a Simon cowell type pushing it all.

As a kid they would occasionally show clips on TV and rotten used to scare the shit out of me and this was the early 90s.

The story is better than the songs but pretty vacant, anarchy in the UK and god save the Queen will always be good
Didn’t he not brush his teeth for 20 years?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
I don’t understand what’s punk about not brushing your teeth. Europe confuses me.
I think that was just him having neglectful parents. He grew up never brushing his teeth. He also had meningitis as a kid which is why he has a hunchback and those weird eyes. I read his autobiography years back, and it's quite good.

Kurt Cobain also very rarely brushed his teeth but he was just a dirty guy.

G

They were the second punk band I got into. What does "novelty" band mean? Well, they are a very important band, so I say yes. Anybody who knows classic punk should know them. So yes again.

G

Tenpole (replacing Johnny) says my favorite word NIGGER at the 2:50 mark. [MEDIA=youtube]FfFbcbGaTMY[/MEDIA]

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
As fake as they were Johnny Rotten is the real deal. My buddy played a festival with Sex Pistols during one of their reunions and no one was allowed in the main back stage area before and after their set...said he'd never seen another band demand that before or since lol.

Brenton Torrent

Forum Clout
The songs were very good and the production was actually quite commercial sounding. Musically, I think that album has aged fairly well.

But I don't know what to make of the whole image and subversive nature of it all, seems a bit MK Ultra or at least completely manufactured.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
They seemed manufactured and put out there as a big culture shift spectacle. Look into Malcolm McLaren's background (hint: early life) and it might become a little clearer. Joe Strummer's background and who his parents were also. I still like a lot of the golden era punk stuff, but just like the hippie era it was another example of culture creation and social engineering.

These guys that were apparently from the old sub did a show on the subject that I thought was kind of interesting:

The entire entertainment industry is kiked. It ain't just Hollywood.