Anyone own an actual XM handheld satellite radio thing? One of those pieces of shit that didn't work inside

HalfHouseFatty

Monkey HOUSE
This was the first one I had. I took it to work in a duffle bag everyday. My desk was close to a window so I generally got a decent signal. That was when O&A's "High Voltage" channel cost an extra $1.99 a month.
View attachment 88223
That's the one I had too. I paid best buy to install the antenna on the roof and the cradle in my car. I couldn't believe I could listen to the same station anywhere I went. Plus the boys were uncensored.

G

That's the one I had too. I paid best buy to install the antenna on the roof and the cradle in my car. I couldn't believe I could listen to the same station anywhere I went. Plus the boys were uncensored.
That’s what I did too. I didn’t know Jack about O&A I just put that channel on one day that happened to be their first day back on regular radio. That was the first show I heard.

Then I’d pop that thing out of the car cradle and bring it in to work every day and listen at my desk with another cradle and the little plastic antenna pointing out the window. Seems pretty silly now.

Dougie's Hapa Daughter

Look Daddy! I'm on TV!
It's funny in retrospect that internet radio and mobile internet were developed concurrently with satellite radio, but the Sirius/XM people went all in on the method that requires launching satellites into space and shitty receivers than the technology that was guaranteed to advance regardless of radio.