• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anybody fuck around with Ham or CB radios?

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
Forum Clout
I had a neighbor a few years back who was into ham radio. Every so often my computer speakers would pick up his conversations with other radio guys and it was all about how much they hated blacks and Muslims. I used to listen in like it was a talk show.
If one of the guys was ringing a desk bell and mumbling stuff about pajamagram, I think I may know who that is.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I had a neighbor who had a set up in the 90s and early 2000s. He'd make my TV go nuts with interference.

I swear he was responsible for my GTA Vice City freezing during a mission. I was crossing the bridge to the next island and when the loading screen popped up it froze because that nigga was using his radio at the same moment.

The game never froze once beside that point and I still blame it on him almost 20 years later.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I had a CB growing up. Even had one in my car. Might still be in my parents basement?

I have been thinking bout getting a hand held Ham. They are cheap as fuck off amazon; not sure how much you could pick up thou.

I was looking to see if handheld CBs existed, take away the bullshit of setting it up. I remember it being fun fucking with truckers etc and I wanted to get one for my buddy who does a lot of aimless driving around. I only found handheld HAMs though, which apparently don't pick up CB radio channels automatically. When you start reading about them you see that some are potentially mod-able but all these fags on the internet instead of telling you how to do it just bitch about how it's illegal or some gay shit.

G

no one is helpful with HAM radio because it's basically how the internet used to be back in the day, except it's a bunch of crotchety gatekeeping boomer faggots. they don't want shit to do with you until you have a license and a call sign. if you were to broadcast and not mention a call sign, there really are autistic fucking weirdos who do "fox hunts" and will try to triangulate your location.

CB radio is basically dead. it was more active when i was younger, but people were saying it was already dead then too. most you'll get is truckers shitposting, spanish speaking channels (presumably also truckers), or you'll get the odd signal or two in rural areas (people doing recreational shit, or chatting with another token cb fag).

that being said, HAM is good just to have in case of emergencies and still fucking around with, and CB can still be fun to dial through when you're driving, especially if you're doing a long boring drive. i don't think handheld cbs exist, but you can get a power supply and still use it at home.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
40961891592_37fe72e04e_b.jpg

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Forum Clout
Not since I was like 16 in my shitbox car. All I ever did was call truckers fat faggots and then challenge them to fight me at some truck stop which I'd never show up for since I was a pussy teenager. It was like getting yelled at by a gang of sputtering mad Joe Cumias.

There were always a lot of truckers passing through from Quebec/Canada and listening to them struggle to insult me in English was pretty funny. One of them was like "you... gay boy? Oui?"

Last edited:

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
there really are autistic fucking weirdos who do "fox hunts" and will try to triangulate your location.

I saw this mentioned and found it hilarious that it sounds like the main pastime of HAM turkeys at this point in time, just going around trying to make sure no one is using your precious signal that you are only using to try to find people to fox hunt. Fucking dorks.
CB radio is basically dead. it was more active when i was younger, but people were saying it was already dead then too. most you'll get is truckers shitposting, spanish speaking channels (presumably also truckers), or you'll get the odd signal or two in rural areas (people doing recreational shit, or chatting with another token cb fag).

So do truckers just not communicate like they used to, or do they do something different? There's been times I've wished I had a CB so I could lambaste this fucks on the freeway. Small town I grew up in it seemed like some people just had them in their trucks..and my buddies and I would try to hang out with them to fuck with the other people around town that had them. I've actually got an old school one from my wifes grandpa but I have no idea if it works but keep thinking I should try hooking it up in my van. But maybe not if not even truckers use them at this point.
that being said, HAM is good just to have in case of emergencies and still fucking around with, and CB can still be fun to dial through when you're driving, especially if you're doing a long boring drive. i don't think handheld cbs exist, but you can get a power supply and still use it at home.
Art Bell used to talk about doing HAM and I always thought that would have been fun, screwing around with drunk Art Bell at 4am. There's this house in Vegas I've driven by before and always mean to go knock on his door at some point and see what it is, where he's got a huge antennae on his house that is also connected to his neighbors house.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
Not since I was like 16 in my shitbox car. All I ever did was call truckers fat faggots and then challenge them to fight me at some truck stop which I'd never show up for since I was a pussy teenager. It was like getting yelled at by a gang of sputtering mad Joe Cumias.

There were always a of truckers passing through from Quebec/Canada and listening to them struggle to insult me in English was pretty funny. One of them was like "you... gay... boy? Oui?"

Good clean fun

G

I saw this mentioned and found it hilarious that it sounds like the main pastime of HAM turkeys at this point in time, just going around trying to make sure no one is using your precious signal that you are only using to try to find people to fox hunt. Fucking dorks.
could also be much ado about nothing, just more gatekeeping faggotry. if you're broadcasting in short spurts, how is anyone going to find you anyway.

So do truckers just not communicate like they used to, or do they do something different? There's been times I've wished I had a CB so I could lambaste this fucks on the freeway. Small town I grew up in it seemed like some people just had them in their trucks..and my buddies and I would try to hang out with them to fuck with the other people around town that had them. I've actually got an old school one from my wifes grandpa but I have no idea if it works but keep thinking I should try hooking it up in my van. But maybe not if not even truckers use them at this point.
it's hard to say if the change in chatter was due to my geography changing, time, or both. where i was driving back in the day as a young guy was kind of a trucker mecca. trucks constantly coming through, and almost always making stops/spending the night. [SIZE=10px]It was the 5/grapevine spilling into Santa Clarita, or just in general driving between LA and Bakersfield.[/SIZE]

Art Bell used to talk about doing HAM and I always thought that would have been fun, screwing around with drunk Art Bell at 4am. There's this house in Vegas I've driven by before and always mean to go knock on his door at some point and see what it is, where he's got a huge antennae on his house that is also connected to his neighbors house.
i think Art Bell is partly why i still have this shit, lol. i'm not an expert in any of it, but i still got HAM radio and i still got a CB radio, and i still think it's fun just fucking around with it. about as close as you're going to get nowadays to the experience of tuning your radio and finding something like Coast to Coast at midnight.

1671669786532.png

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
could also be much ado about nothing, just more gatekeeping faggotry. if you're broadcasting in short spurts, how is anyone going to find you anyway.

it's hard to say if the change in chatter was due to my geography changing, time, or both. where i was driving back in the day as a young guy was kind of a trucker mecca. trucks constantly coming through, and almost always making stops/spending the night. It was the 5/grapevine spilling into Santa Clarita, or just in general driving between LA and Bakersfield.

i think Art Bell is partly why i still have this shit, lol. i'm not an expert in any of it, but i still got HAM radio and i still got a CB radio, and i still think it's fun just fucking around with it. about as close as you're going to get nowadays to the experience of tuning your radio and finding something like Coast to Coast at midnight.

View attachment 84582

So what do you do on HAM radio? Is there like people broadcasting shows or is it people across town chit chatting? Illegal numbers stations shit?