• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any of you see the new Candyman movie yet?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
Holy fucking god is it terrible. Jordan Peele wrote it and of course it's an all black cast, which is to be expected with him by now but holy shit are the racial themes in it heavy handed. There's a scene where some old fuck is telling the main character where Candyman comes from and explains that he's the manifestation of all the bad things that have happened to black people over the years (no, I'm not joking) and he actually says the line "Yeeeah, you know how it is with white people - they love what we make but they don't love us" lmao.

Putting all the racial stuff aside though - it's just a shitty movie overall. Literally nothing interesting happens in it. It's just standard slasher shit with nothing to keep you interested in the plot.

Fucking garbage.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
I tried to be optimistic, but it was even worse than expected.

I think the thing that surprised me the most was how fucking boring it was. Its slow, not tense in the slightest and doesn't even feel like a horror film for a good chunk of the first half. Just a bunch of scenes of people blabbering about the art world. Then the movie has to come to a screeching hault several times for hamfisted commentary on racism and gentrification. I knew there was going to be some social commentary but holy shit was it so cringy and poorly done. I laughed out loud when they turn Candyman into an anti-hero at the end who avenges the deaths of black men who have been killed at the hand of racism.

Also, it's an R rated but most of the gore and kills happen off screen. Fucking retarded. Jordan Peele fucking sucks but because he's black and made a horror movie about racism he gets to be the new modern face of horror. Hollywood fucking blows.

G

Let's face it, the original was also shit. Low budget Tony Todd porked Mr Blonde's sister. Wow. Brilliant. Apparently TT was a homo. So that's funny.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
Let's face it, the original was also shit.

I watched it when I was a kid so I barely remember anything about it but I'm sure you're right. It at least had a gritty aesthetic to it that worked well though.

This pile of garbage is shot like a music video - it's all neon lights and super high end apartments. Fucking terrible.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
Candyman was a pedo, coming out of walls offering candy to children

I’m proud of the cops for beating him to death

G

Candyman was a pedo, coming out of walls offering candy to children

I’m proud of the cops for beating him to death
Apparently Tony Todd is a total queen. The black version of Harvey Fierstein. He plays marines, soldiers and supernatural bad guys (The Rock, Platoon, Final Destination, Candyman etc) but when you learn he's just a raspy-voiced cocksucking actor it all makes sense.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
Candy Man is a super hero, who kills white people who slight black people

He was murdered by shitty cops, and yet there is only one time he kills a corrupt police officer.

He kills little white girls, and some other white people who committed the crime of not liking the protagonists crappy art

5/5 would recommend